Spdif module added to asus A7N8X deluxe board

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently installed an SPDIF module and connected it to the correct header (module made specifically for this board. my device manage and applications don't see it. ASUS tech support suggested:
"Once the connection is in place, you will need to uninstall and then
reinstall the onboard AUDIO drivers. The drivers for your SPDIF will then
be loaded and the port activated. Thanks."

in add/remove I have entries for;
Nvidia display driver
Nvidia Nforce drivers
Nvidia Nforce utilities
Nvidia WDM drivers
Nvidia windows 200/xp Nforce drivers

I understood the Nforce drivers were unified and not too excited about uninstalling all the display and audio drivers, as I have seen some reports about difficulty reinstalliing after SP2 which I have installed.

any suggestions appreciated. the module is used for digital input from my son's home recording efforts.dave

You should be able to uninstall just the audio drivers via the device manager. Click start, settings, control panel. Double click system. Select the hardware tab and then click on device manager. Scroll down to the audio device, right click andd uninstall. Save out and reboot. windows should refind your audio device and reinstall the drivers.

which spdif module would that be?

hello julius_the_cat, does your spdif module have an optical out on it? if so, please tell me where you acquired it. i want to hook up my a7n8x deluxe with optical spdif out but the asus module that just arrived to me today has three pins, not five as on the motherboard.

Julius,

To enable your spdif-in function of the sound card you must go into your nvidia mixer and turn it on, there is a switch that alows for digital input and you have to check the box. Right now I am on my linux box but that is how I activated the spdif input. I am just using two wires spliced into a RCA connector for spdif input!

Soul,

The module you recieved is for SPDIF-OUT, you will probably have to modify the cable to get it to connect to the motherboard. If you look in the manual (for the A7N8X-Deluxe its page 30). The diagram will give you the pin out on the motherboard. You can use this to mod the cable to suit your needs. The one I currently have in my hand is the module with the coax out and toslink (optical) out. The one you have though is just for SPDIF-OUT so it will not work if you connect it to SPDIF-IN without modifying the module itself.

Where do you get the modules?

Hi, just came across your thread.
I've been looking for an S/PDIF module for my motherboard (Asus K8V-MX) to be installed on the S/PDIF out jumper on my motherboard for quite some time now and they just don't seem to exist! I can't even find them on the Asus website! I'm getting very frustrated and just wondered where you obtained yours from?
Thanks for you time!

soulofarobot said:
hello julius_the_cat, does your spdif module have an optical out on it? if so, please tell me where you acquired it. i want to hook up my a7n8x deluxe with optical spdif out but the asus module that just arrived to me today has three pins, not five as on the motherboard.

Hello, can you tell me the name of your module and where you found it, as I am searching for a 3 pins optical SPDIF module ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back