Speaker problems

WaveZero

Lol what's up guys? Ok this is my first post/thread on this forum, I really didn't wanted to start out asking for help, but oh wells. I been meaning to join here for months now, but RL kept me busy.

Alright lets get to the point, I have a Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound speakers set up for my computer. Ok here's the problem, after about 3 months of not using it, now I'm having issues with my rear/back(whatever you like you to call it) left speaker. I tested it out on both Windows 7 and 8 to eliminate the possibility of it being a driver problem (which I doubt since they used to work just fine). If you're wondering, yes I did configure it as 5.1 speaker on windows and for all my programs (CCCP, FFDshow, LAV, etc) and I also checked the plugs and cleaned them, they are all fine. There is a possibility that the speaker died out on me but I have no idea how to test it on a multi-meter. Anyways any helpful suggestion will help out.

Please don't give me stupid answers, like saying not all audio are in 5.1, etc etc, No kidding I know that already, I'm using a 5.1 audio source to test out my speakers.

I don't know if this will help or not, but my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R I would post the link to it but it won't let me.

Thanks!

Edit:
Fixed
I managed to fix it, turns out there was some electrical problem with the ports and plug. What I used to clean it was something similar to this product here CRC MAF cleaner works really well (works good on my RX8 MAF as well). All you had to do was get some cotton spray this stuff on it and clean the plugs, then afterwards clean the port then spray some of this into the port then to the pins of the plug. Wait about 5 minutes for it soak in and then replug in the cables. Afterwards it should work =)

Back