Speedfan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmagnum

OK i just got speedfan after my fan noise seemed a little high, and i don't exactly know how to use it. I have an attachment of one of the things it said, my AUX has a fire thing beside it and i don't know exactly what AUX is. Can anyone help make my computer less noisy?

You need to help us help you.
We need to know the brand, model, OS, and age of your computer, as well as the brand, wattage, and amperes output of your power supply.
Please also tell us a little bit about your CPU fan, and whether you have a separate case fan apart from the power supply fan.

My solution to a new noisier CPU fan was to use the old CPU and added a system fan at the upper back vent of my chassis. Worked like a charm! My comp is nice and peaceful again!

What you're describing here can be a few things. First of all, the AUX stands for auxiliary.

For speed fan to work, fans need to be connected to the motherboard so speedfan can adjust the fan speed. I personally am able to control the CPU fan and the fan of my GPU with speedfan, but not the rest of the fans. That's the answer to the question why not much is changing. Make sure there are fans connected to the motherboard.

For the burn thing, if there are no fans connected to the motherboard, speedfan will give probably give 1 continuous temperature. It might also give false readings. Your cpu could just be too hot though. But what I'm thinking is that you cant control any fan.

For the AUX answer, I've been so kind to borrow a piece from a FAQ at the lavalys discussion forum:

Q#18: What does the "Aux" temperature shown on the Computer / Sensor page mean?
A#18: There is no standard for sensor registers layout, so the "Aux" temperature could show the temperature of the CPU or the motherboard, or might be a non-connected wire of the sensor chip, and so it could show a bogus value.

->this is for a program called everest, but I think it's the same for speedfan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back