SSD brackets universal?

Hocknose

Morning Guys,
We are intending to upgrade all our work PC's with SSD's. The desktops will require the mounting bracket so that the SSD doesn't slide about inside. Does anybody know if the brackets for SSD's are a standard? For instance if we had different models of SSD's such as OCZ, Kingston or Sandisk would one bracket filt all?
Thanks

Yeah, as long as they're all 2.5in form factor (which almost all SSDs are).
But they won't slide around the case, SSDs don't have any moving parts. I don't have a bracket for my SSD, it just sits on top of a HDD.

Cheers, yeah it's more to do with the fact they we quite often have to move the desktops about and would rather reduce the risk of any damage. So a bracket will hold it in place.Thanks

Yeah if you're moving desktops around it's probably a good idea to get a bracket. If you need to install multiple SSDs in one machine there's also 2.5in to 5.25in converters.

Since you mentioned some SSD brands I'd recommend Intel, Samsung and Crucial drives above OCZ, Kingston and Sandisk for both reliability and speed.

Cheers mate, yes I have a Crucial M4 for my personal PC at home but at work its all about saving money, and the OCZ, Kingston and Sandisk are a lot cheaper...not my call I'm afriad

Back