ST LAB Router connectivity problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm using IPR-4P-EUR-1 4 ports broadband gateway, as hub router, to establish two PC's workgroup home network, as well as for internet connectivity, by attaching the router to ADSL Modem.

From time to time, the connection to the internet is broken and pinging the router (192.168.1.1), from one of the PCs, isn't replied.

Only resetting the router re-establishes the link from the PCs to the router.

The connection could work for hours and suddenly, the link is broken.

Please advise.

Yonatan.

If the connection is lost only by one of the computers then the problem is either the computer or the cable.

If all computers lose connection then..

Home routers are buggy and crash often. Its a fact.

Try installing the latest firmware to the router and disabling any functionality you don't need like packet filtering and DHCP.

Many thanks.

I'll ready do the test, to verify whether the connectivity is lost only to one of the PCs, or to both of them. As I recall, the second option is the actual one.

Assuming this is the situation (lost connection to both PCs), where do i find latest firmware, of my ST LAB Router (IPR-4P-EUR-1)?

Should i disable the DHCP function and manually allocate IP, for each of the PCs?

What kind of functionality and what kind of packet filtering should i disable? Are we talking about applications, such as Norton Internet Security Professional, Norton Antivirus and such security applications?

Many thanks, again.

Yonatan.

You should find the firmware on the ST Labs homepage.

Disable packet filtering on the router. You will not lose much security that way. Disabling DHCP helped with my issues with my old router.

upgrade locations?

Hi there. I have the same router connectivity issues and was wondering where to obtain the latest firmware upgrades. I checked the website and they don't seem to be on there. If anybody has the latest upgrade file themselves please send it to halo_thefreak@yahoo.com, or if anybody knows of an alternative download location please let me know. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Nick

In the adress bar of your browser type in or just click here) http://www.sunsway.com.hk/
In the left hand side click the "Support" button and then "Firmware" in the right side frame.

Wasn't that difficult, was it now?

Nodsu said:
In the adress bar of your browser type in or just click here) http://www.sunsway.com.hk/
In the left hand side click the "Support" button and then "Firmware" in the right side frame.

Wasn't that difficult, was it now?

Yes it was hard, since theres only 1 firmware to download, and the archive is damaged (u can download and cheack for yourself, cant extract it). so please if you can find me other link for that firmware i'll be gladful (sorry for capslocks, so tired searching for 1 link that works) thanks.

My sincere apologies for some website I have nothing to do with providing a broken file I have nothing to do with several months since my last visit there.

I would really make up this horrible mistake. How about some free English lessons? :p

You could send ST Labs an e-mail telling them that they have a broken file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back