Star Wars: KOTOR II gets first update in 10 years

Scorpus

Staff member

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, the critically acclaimed role-playing game from Obsidian that launched on PC in 2005, has received a major update this week that adds in an impressive amount of new features.

The first official patch for the game in over 10 years adds in Steam Workshop mod support, allowing gamers to easily add fan made content into KOTOR II. One major mod that might interest players of the game is the Restored Content Mod, which fixes many of the technical issues with the game and even restores content that was cut from the original due to a rushed release.

The update also includes Steam achievements and cloud save functionality, native PC gamepad support, and support for widescreen display resolutions up to 5K. In addition, the game now runs natively on Mac OS X, Linux and Steam OS.

To celebrate the launch of this new patch, Knights of the Old Republic II is currently 25% off on Steam, making it an attractive purchase at just $7.50. If you haven't already played it, or want to give the game another shot on PC (and it may be worth it now that you can officially play at 4K), now is the perfect time.

Permalink to story.

I bought KOTOR II a few months back and tried manually installing all the mods and playing the game with some hack-job gamepad support mod and it just wasn't that great.

Now that this official update adds the Steam workshop and native gamepad support, I'm pretty excited to start playing it again. Good news.

I've been playing Kotor on my phone. It works really well. I've been hoping that they'll port Kotor 2 as well.

This was on my list of games to replay soon. Looking forward to checking out the mods this time around. Now we just need the next installment (KOTOR 3) to come around... Though that is probably going to be a LONG wait.

Back