Start Up Cycle

My computer was in the middle of a system reboot and I left it alone. However, it was stuck on 65% for nearly 2 hours and I thought something was wrong. My Dad said to turn it off and turn it back on, but it wasn't the same afterwards. It absolutely WILL NOT open up to the main screen where you type in your password. It shows the window screen, then goes black, and goes on a loop. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it just done for? We keep looking for tutorials or videos or anything that will help but there is nothing. I'm clearly not good with computers if you haven't already noticed. All I really know is that is has Windows 10... Sad right? That is precisely why I'm need of help though.
:D

Whether it would have reached 100% or not we'll never know but switching it off was a major error that lots of us have made and learned the hard way. If Windows is in the middle of updating you will almost certainly mess it up completely by interfering and switching the computer off. I have a netbook with an SSD drive but the time it takes to download and install Windows 10 updates is unbelievably long. A major update as from W10 to the W10 Anniversary edition can take hours to complete.

In your position I'd reinstall Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Back