Start up paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I there, I have a very unique problem. Just to let you know my computer knowledge is very limited.

I've recently had some computer problems with a fairly new computer (6 months old). It started crashing ALL the time. I'm pretty sure it's a virus, because I've heard of other people having the same problem and it being a virus. I plan on reformatting my computer. When my computer last crashed I just cut the power.

Since then I've moved, and my computer came with it. Now when I start my computer, windows tries to load and it automatically goes to the Check disk thing since it was last turned off without shutting down. For whatever reason I can't use my mouse or keyboard, and I'm fairly certain they need to load in windows. Because of my virus or computer problem the CHKDSK freezes everytime in exactly the same spot, and so I can't get into windows. The only way to stop the CHKDSK before it happens is to press any key before it starts up, but my keyboard won't work.

Can anybody help me out? Why are my keyboard/mouse not working, and is there a way to get them to work without going into windows, which is impossible for me right now?

double check the connections; on some machines it is an easy mistake to plug
the mouse into the keyboard connector :(

Can you get into the BIOS and use your keyboard in there? The BIOS has its own keyboard driver independent of Windows so if it works in the BIOS, at least your keyboard is okay. The mouse does not work in the BIOS so no driver there for it.

If you plan to reformat with a Windows CD, you won't need to get into Windows first. The CD will load the drivers you need to get through the formatting process and Windows installation. Be sure to have motherboard, graphics and any other drivers you need on hand. You will need to install them after installing Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back