StarTech USB 3.0 Enclosure and PCIe Adapter Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
A majority of current USB 3.0 devices are all external hard drive enclosures which is what we'll be looking at today in the form of StarTech’s 3.5” SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure. If your motherboard doesn’t support USB 3.0, which is likely the case unless your computer is relatively new, StarTech also offers the 2-Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card which utilizes a spare PCI Express slot.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/278-startech-usb30-enclosure-pcie-adapter/

Please leave your feedback here.

I'm thinking about the unused PCIe slot in my machine, a capable USB3.0 card that would fill it nicely, and an almost no-hardware enclosure for a spare SATA drive, for under $80... drooling just a bit on my keyboard... It'd make a fine storage extender for a PC-based TV recorder, among many other uses. Gotta talk to my wife, take her out to dinner maybe...

...for under $80... drooling just a bit on my keyboard... It'd make a fine storage extender for a PC-based TV recorder, among many other uses. Gotta talk to my wife, take her out to dinner maybe...

LOL! If you get this along with a USB 3.0 card would love to know your experiences with this StarTech offering.

Back