Steam Game Resolution bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , For the past couple of days, every time i play a steam game , after I quit the game, my desktop looks like it is in something below 800 x 600, and it is set to 1024x768, and i cant do anything about it but restart my computer. In more detail, I start a steam game with my desktop at 1024x768 , play it for awhile at 1024x768, quit, and my desktop looks like its below 800x600. Ive tried reseting my resolution with both the ATI and Windows settings, and that doesnt work.

RADEON 9550 (omega drivers) 256 mb
XP Home edition
1gig ram
directx9

Ive only experienced this problem with TF2 and Zombie Master, but i haven't played any other games lately. please help

Do you have Steam Community enabled?

If you do it can sometimes cause problems with exiting HL2.exe ( which is the main executable for all Valve games )

So press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if HL2.exe is still running after pressing exit, If it is then you can just end the process for it, since it's not needed any more.

ill try it hold on, i think ive found a temp fix, exiting the game without using the quit button, instead using ctrlaltdel. Still a problem though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back