Steam Games Issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

...I realize that I have mentioned this problem several times before, but I did extensive research on the problem, and STILL have not found any solution. The problem I am having with my Steam games is that when I install and run ANY Steam game, the screen turns completely black in the game menu after about 15 seconds, (sometimes quicker), and a grey box for Counter-strike: Source, and beige-for Half-Life 2 games and Day of Defeat: Source, appears in the bottom-right hand corner of the screen. As you have probably heard from other people, I can still hear the sounds of the buttons as the mouse goes over the menus, and the game DOES NOT freeze, but just turns black with a box in the bottom-right hand corner. Again, I have tried every suggestion to fix this problem, but I have still not come upon a solution. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please help a fellow Counter-Strike: Source player out.:)

Oh and by the way, if you need to know the specifications of my computer, just check out my profile..:)

Have you tried different drivers? (I realize there aren't many for the 8800s..., but there are a few).

Also, is this in xp or vista?

I have Windows XP Home Edition.
-Also, everytime I go to another driver, it gives me a false error at startup
-And, I've tried EVERYTHING on the Steam website, so I don't know what else I can do to fix this problem.
-I guess I could TRY installing the latest driver for my graphics card again, and see what happens.

I went to try to update my drivers, but evidentally, they are up-to-date. Soooooo I am unsure of what else can be causing the problem..
Any suggestions would be great!:)

Ok another update, I installed the Nvidia drivers from January 10th, 2007 that gave me the false error message in the first place, and it gave the same message when I started Windows. It also did not solve the problem with my Steam games, even after I reistalled Steam and its games. I am currently stumped and frustrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back