steam restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizics

i need a little help i download steam and instal it evreything is going fine and after i sign in and start updating my computer restarts and then when it comes back up again and i try to run steam windows tells me that steam needs to close... any ideas as to what is causing this (i built this computer about 2 hours ago) did i miss an instal or somthing

When you say the computer "restarts" is it doing this automatically, or is it asking you to restart.

Is this the same auto-restarts you mention in THIS thread?

no its automatic, doesnt ask me for anything just restarts and then if i try to run steam again after it restarts it tells me that its encountered an error and needs to close.... ive uninstalled and reinstaled steam and still the same problem

When you uninstall, do you go to Program Files and physically delete the Steam directory before you reinstall? You could have a corrupt file in there that's not being deleted on uninstall.

i use the add/remove programs to delete steam.... my friend had an idea im using a GeForce 7600 GTS and he said that the restart might have somthing to do with open GL? any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back