Sticky mouse, now weird driver install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Dragon

So my Microsoft Intelipoint optical mouse started sticking after building a new computer, clean install of Vista. So thinking thinking maybe it was something to do with USB port, I hooked up a PS/2 to USB adapter -> no sticking as of yet. But when I booted the computer after installing the adapter -> windows updated the driver for the mouse (this part seems normal) But then it said Windows found an unknown driver and needs to restart, so I restart and it installed Intel Quick Resume Technology Driver

To my knowledge not one single thing in my entire system is made by intel.

I have an AMD processor
I have an ASUS M2n4-SLI mobo with Nvidia chipsets
I have an MSI 8500GT graphics card
The mouse is Microsoft and same with keyboard

First off could this be a BIOS setting that is causing the mouse to stick in USB port? I have all 3 options enabled -legacy supprt/ usb2.0 support/ and regular usb support

Second, any clue about why Windows thinks I need the Intel Quick resume technology driver

And last, Can the driver be related to my mouse problem?

Please reboot into safe mode (F8 after the first splash screen) and remove all mouse drives in the device manager.
Reboot and reinstall from the mouse install CD if prompted.
I think the Intel driver is part of the USB plug & Play structure and probably nothing to do with your mouse issue which may well be due to problems with the mouse itself.
Hope this helps

yea I am going to get a new one as they aren't that expensive and see if that solves it. I am building another computer anyways so if it turns out this one is good then I'll still be able to use it.

The only weird thing still happening is that the cursor speed changes out of nowhere. It gets slower and slower then all of the sudden back up to faster than normal. What i mean is if i move my mouse from the left side of pad to the far right side, the cursor may move 5 inches on my widescreen, then out of nowhere it speeds up to where the same movement will move the cursor across 20" screen and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back