StormBringer earns his nickname

Tarkus

Tonight at 7:34 PDT, Stormbringer posted this message in Techspot's IRC channel, #3dspotlight.

[19:34:22] <@Storm|Bringer> going offline due to Ivan, be back in a few days
[19:34:28] * @Storm|Bringer has quit IRC (Quit: )

I just wanted to say goodluck Stormbringer, and may God watch over you and your family. Looking at the latest satellite loop of Hurricane Ivan, it appears to have turned northeast just before New Orleans and is now aimed right for Stormbringer's hometown.

Hopefully our buddy will be alright and he'll have lots of digital images for the gallery. :D

Check it out, I'd say it got him pretty good. At least he doesn't live right on the coast.
storm.jpg

Hopefully a tree didn't go through his roof or something.

I'm back! It will take more than a little Cat4 Hurricane to take me out.
Thanks for the concern guys. We made it out with minor cosmetic damage to the house. A piece of siding and a few broken shingles, as well as a few small pine trees down. My brother's property which borders mine didn't fare as well. He lost several old oaks and some smaller trees as well, luckily he doesn't live on the property, though the oaks that fell just missed the storage building he has there.
The surrounding cities here were hit pretty hard overall. Many areas are still out of power and some don't have water. Tree and building damage is pretty widespread with many downed powerlines and lots of flooding of rivers and creeks. I think the fact that my property is surrounded by thickets of trees is what kept my damage to a minimum.

PS: I posted some pics from around my place in the Gallery.

Back