Strange news from the Fraud team at the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I was pointed in the direction of this forum by a friend who got great help here.

My PC has started to behave strangely:

It takes AGES to start up!!! It ALWAYS has a small window once desktop is shown, which says 'delivery manager has stopped working'.

My NOD32 antivirus software found a Win32/Exploit-028 trojan. It COULD NOT remove this.

To top it all the fraud department of my bank telephoned me yesterday, to question if I had attempted to withdraw £90 from my bank account on Friday..... from somewhere in Italy!!! Since I reside in the North of England and was in the Lake District on the Friday, it obviously wasn't me. According to the fraud department, the imposters knew the 16 digit number from the front of my bank card!!!

Too much information for you guys? Well, of course. It does worry me though. Hence my visit here.

I have followed the 8 steps from this site and have posted the 3 logs with this post, hoping someone can help.

I would suggest contacting your bank and have your card number/passwords changed.

They won't just 'forget' your bank number that easily. I had a similar situation and had to cancel my credit card because they kept billing it from all sorts of locations

The guy from the bank's fraud department cancelled the card with immediate effect when they spoke to me on Friday. It was the bank that made me aware of the security breach.

A new card with a new 16 digit number arrived this morning in the post.

I WILL NOT be ordering anything at all online using this new card, until my system is clean.

Your new card has new codes. The bank will not expect you to pay for any charges from the time of notification... Look at your new card... usually the last two digits have changed... also the SSID code on the back of the card has been changed.
You might test it in the little slot at one of the bank's terminals which will give you a print out of the status of that account when you enter the correct personal ID codes.

you should at least delete this entry (in hijackthis)
O13 - Gopher Prefix:​
This is an archaic protocol which has recently been shown to be exposed as an attack vector. you should also add DENY PORT 70 to your firewall

For information; I have just been to the supermarket and paid for my food shopping at the checkout with my new card.

It's getting rid of viruses that are my main concern here. It seems the bank have successfully resolved my card problem.

O13 - Gopher Prefix: Checked and fixed. Thanks jobeard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back