Stuck on windows advanced options screen

hi, i need help with my friends computer, he said his power went out or something and shut off his computer, when he turned it back on it came up to the windows advanced options screen, so i thought this was normal because this happens whenever windows shuts down unexpectedly, but then we tried to start it with every option given and none would work, any suggestions?

as far as specs go i cant give you much... but i do know its windows xp opporating system

See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

Also, after you complete the first step in the guide (running chkdsk /r) you might also try once more to restart Windows. Your problem might be a corrupt filesystem that chkdsk might also help fix. Otherwise, post back and let us know

alright i dont know what i did.... but i have the cd in it for the opporating system and it says "windows xp home edition setup" at the top then it says welcome to setup then says this portion of the setup program prepares mircrosoft windows xp to run on your computer then it says to set up windows xp now press enter then it says to repair a windows xp installation using recover console press r then it says to quit setup without installing windows xp press f3, i tried pressing enter then it says setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer (i know there are) make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct this may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup progran then says settup cannot continue to quit setup press f3 so i quit and tried to go back and click repair and it says the same thing

Back