Sudden Drop in FrameRate? bad video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I've been getting a strange issue when play games (both online and offline). I play the game, but while I'm playing I experience short durations of severe drop in frame rate. It occurs when I play WoW, CSS, half-life 2, etc etc. It's not lag, because it happens in single player games as well. It was working fine till around 3 days ago, and then this suddenly happened. I reinstalled the driver, and still same thing. Also, sometimes the textures/graphics on the screen don't render correctly leaving objects too shiny or leaving black/red spots on the wall/ground (mostly Counterstrike Source). I performed stress tests, ran 3Dmark tests, etc etc and all those come up perfectly normal. But when I play games, it has frame rate drops. As of now, nothing has helped resolve this situation. temperatures are within normal limits for the CPU, motherboard, video card, etc. All the fans are running correctly. What's wierd is that I downgraded the drive for my graphics card to 158.22 and that resolved that texture problem but it still has the frame rate issue. Here are my specs. Btw, i got the computer like 2 months ago.

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS (640)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz
Sound Blaster Audigy
MoBo: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset LGA775
RAM: 2 gig PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
Apevia 600W DARK SIDE POWER ATX Power Supply

Also nothing is overclocked. Would really appreciate some help with his. Is it a bad graphics card? I mean it's still pretty new and it was working fine till around 3 days ago.

oh and I haven't changed anything on the computer. All the graphics settings are the same from when it was working fine. And the background programs are pretty much all disabled except for a few key ones.

well it's wierd, cuz the downgrade on the driver fixed the texture/rendering problem. But the lag is still there. I can't figure out if it's a hardware or software problem. What could be burning out? the graphics card or the mobo? Is it possible that it's a bad mobo/PCI e-slot?

Same here

I got a ATI X1650 Sapphire 512MB....was working AWSOME till four days after, every game i play now that *was* playing really good has BAD BAD framerate now....i cant even play a game now its that BAD...i wonder if the card is faulty? I have had it for like 4 days, and the first 3 days it worked REALLY GOOD with ALL my games...so beats me, anyone can help me out. It would be very appreciative. This sucks...:( lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back