Sugestions required to replace mobo and CPU

Good afternoon.

I have a system that is a few years old and am looking to replace the motherboard, CPU and ram. the tower has a sata HDD and a PATA optical drive but the motherbaord has fried and im looking to upgrade to a more up to date setup.

Im not after anything extreme as I dont game and im only really interested in having a decent speed for internet use and word processing other than that im not overly bothered about being super fast.

I was thinking of an AMD CPU Phenom II 555 Black Edition Dual Core Processor but would like suggestions on a motherboard that would support such a processor and not cause me a lot of problems with the HDD being compatible

My thanks for any suggestions on this topic

Here are a few reccomendations:
ASRock A770DE+ (Full ATX uses DDR2) = $54
ASRock M3A770DE (Same board but uses DDR3) = $60
ASRock 880GM-LE (Micro-ATX, DDR3) = $55
ASRock A785GM-LE (Micro-ATX, DDR2) = $59

These are all good boards and have SATA and PATA support it is just a matter of what form factor you want/need and whether you want DDR2 or DDR3 memory. With DDR2 you may be able to reuse your current memory but if you want to upgrade your memory DDR3 is a better option since it is faster and cheaper. If you have not heard of ASRock they are ASUS's budget brand and tend to have allot of Legacy ports (PATA, FDD, PS2, etc.) making them good options if you plan to reuse older hardware.

Who you calling a AS*? lol

If your not going to play games, and if your not going to do video editing or audio production Then grab a AS*rocket DDR2 board, 4GB of Crucial memory 2x2GB 1066Mhz and for video card go with the 8800 GT or 9800 GT for about 50 or 60 bucks. Please any questions ask me. thx., gl

Back