Suggestion On A Missing Feature

Masque

I used to like one item in the previous version of the forums which gave the user the ability to mark threads read individually or at least the main block of threads read. Am I missing something here or is it no longer available? If not, is it something that can be re-created?

Thanks.

I know on the main page you can Mark all Forums Read. The link is in the center of the page just under this forum. As far as I know when you read a thread and go back it will be changed to show it has been read. I am not sure about marking a few of them at a time, without doing them all. I hope this helps a little bit.

When I click on "New Posts", and read a couple and quit TS, when I come back, the "New Posts", must be automatically marked as read, even if I come right back, even the ones I haven't read. Then, when I click on "Todays Post", so I can read them, I get a message saying the administrator only allows one search in 30 seconds. Why do I have to wait 30 seconds, I sure don't understand why, but ther must be a good reason, as I've seen this 30 second business at other sites also.

The minimum time between searches and posts is to protect the server from floods. If there wasn't such a limit then the server could easily be brought down to its knees by having some script flood it with search queries or new posts.

Nodsu is correct, the same goes for the minimum number of letters in a search... I also find it highly annoying but it is a needed safety feature...

Back