Suggestions for a mid-range laptop for £400 max?

LeeLuck

Hi and firstly wishing you all the best for 2013 :)
Ok, I will keep this short as its been asked many times but, like time it moves on and different models come to light for being popular for whatever reasons.
My wife's Laptop has died, it is a Toshiba and to be fair its had some hammer so it hasn't done bad for 8yrs solid work. I could mend it but want to get her something new and jazzy ;p
So, simple question, what's a middle of the road laptop that's a good make at the moment for around £400 max !!
All she does on it is, emails, work stuff (I already have office) YouTube, general browsing and course work along with Facebook of course lol so plenty of HDD space for the pic would be good.
I have looked in the market for lappy's around this price but all new ones I can find come with W8 and I really don't want it and would rather stay with W7.
Thanks for any advice offered.
Regards,
Lee.

I believe its free to download from windows 8 to 7?
anyway for that price youd be looking at like an A8-4500M or an i5 as the cpu. The i5 is probably a little better for what basic things this laptop is for You might be looking for something like this.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire...OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1357232041&sr=1-1

Im not really hip to Intel performance but that seems like it would be just fine to me. Although you might wanna try a different brand, because if you are expecting it to last 8 years like your last one Acers do NOT have the best build quality. Ive had one sitting here for about a year and its still in great condition but I havent really travelled with it. THe lid is sort of flimsy.

Just my 10 cents.

Hi, ike, sorry for late reply. Been away for xmas and new year ;) I will take a look at the link, thanks pal :)

Back