Survey: The average teenager has more than 425 Facebook friends

Shawn Knight

Staff member
It’s no secret that social media is massively popular among today’s youth but perhaps you’d be surprised to learn that a staggering 81 percent of teens between the ages of 12 and 17 use some form of social media. Of...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52665-survey-the-average-teenager-has-more-than-425-facebook-friends.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

yRaz

I only use Facebook to keep up with old high school friends. I might have added 10 people since I graduated 4 years ago. I don't understand the people who have 300+ friends.

D

davislane1

I only use Facebook to keep up with old high school friends. I might have added 10 people since I graduated 4 years ago. I don't understand the people who have 300+ friends.
Vanity and a herd mentality.

St1ckM4n

The most I ever had was 150, then I deleted them all since they were boring. I now have a very relaxed <80, and everyone is still boring. :(

TS-56336

I don't mind people not knowing who I am on FB as long as he/she doesn't spam link or doesn't have any mutual friend from my other friends

G

I have 97 facebook friends. 70 of which I can easily remove because I don't talk to them.
The rest of my "friends" that are left are there because I see them from time to time. Not because I like them.

ypsylon

Zuckenberg and rest of his lot should be put on trial for crimes against humanity.

As you probably guessed I don't have account on Face**** and I despise any mention of it.

Reactions: spencer

spencer

I need to delete mine, this is how the NSA can frame you for stuff etc. And practically everyone at my school has a youtube account;that's most likely due to the fact we have macbook pros. Stupidest idea EVER, macbooks=expensive, and weak what a school laptop should be=inexpensive,durable and lightweight. And now everyone in this messed up 1984 school LOVES apple. WHen I say I have a computer 10x faster than this macbook kids say "that's not possible macs are the fastest in the world". Maybe people think macs are the fastest because of the price tag-_-. It seems I am ranting;but this is true.

avoidz

Friends are the currency of FB. The more you have the more popular you appear to the world. I signed up again recently (with a fake name) just to look at a friend's page. Now I want to delete my account again. It's just a big waste of time and superficial nonsense.

jobeard

Apparently, that demographic (ie the teenagers) is abandoning FB in droves in favor of Instagram to escape parental supervision.