Switches off and on repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i go to turn the computer on it doesn't work, when i click the power button it switches on for a short amount of time, 30 seconds if that, it then switches off and switches on repeatedly, this is really weird and i don't think it's something to do with over heating because i took the computer apart and cleaned it all and stuck it back together,.

Any idea's?

Its an advent t90 something :L

Faulty power supply? Are cables loose? Do you get a POST or beep codes? If you're starting to boot into windows, then try safe mode.

Yes, looks like a PSU issue or a motherboard issue. Either way, it's hardware, meaning you'll have to replace the faulty component. Do wait for further opinions though.

Spyder_1386 :)

Im thinking that it's not a hardware problem because i purchased the heatsink thing to the cpu and fan, i dis-connected the hard drive and therefore i think i can rule out a virus, all of the fan's work and i have checked all of the connector cables,

I really don't know what the problem is :| UGHH

So maybe you exceeded the wattage of your PSU so it's shutting down. I assume that by "hardware" you mean "software", since that would be what disconnecting the HDD would prove;)

How much power does your PSU give, and what are your full computer specs (# & Size of fans, what graphics cards, what CPU, how many other devices are plugged in...)

It's also possible that you didn't mount the heatsink properly, and that the CPU is overheating so it shuts down... By any chance do you know how to remount the heatsink? I assume that you applied the thermal paste properly (even and thin), and made sure that it was mounted flush against the CPU?

And why is this in the OC section? Are you overclocking as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back