SWMAgent and Steam

familyman14

My kid has a Samsung laptop and a message keeps popping up saying"SWMAgent restarting" and it crashes his Gameplay on Steam. I looked it up and it's legit. Is there a way to fix the problem without disableing SWMAgent.exe?

What is the "swmagent.exe" ?
This file is the main executable for Easy Software Manager from Samsung - this application servers as manager for checking of new application versions and easy installations on Samsung notebooks.

Our database contains 56 different files for filename swmagent.exe . This files most often belongs to product SW Update Agent. and were most often developed by company Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.. This files most often have description SW Update Agent. Agregate rating is 5 stars - based on 2 reviews. This is executable file. You can find it running in Task Manager as the process swmagent.exe.
I know you asked for a way not to disable but if it were me, thats exactly what I would do. That is if I didn't have a way to remove it from the startup list completely. I have this thing against applications running in the background, using system resources, and potentially causing issues (such as your case).

Back