System Alert:Trojan-spy.win32@mx spyware and others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahm

Hi there.

As says on the tin, *foolishly* downloaded a fake Activx plugin to find out that its a spy ware and getting all sorts of fake messages like:
SPYWARRE DETECTED. DOWNLOAD OUR SOFTWARE ETC

Currently as typing post my Anti-Virus (McAfee) is running and when completes, I will edit post to let you know of outcome.

I will attatch my HiJack This in next post if required.

Please help

Cheers

Hi mahm, :wave:

I need you to follow all the steps HERE and then post back with the three requested logs as attachments
  • AVG antispyware
  • ComboFix
  • Hijackthis (step 15)

Dont forget to make sure that AVG is set to quarantine the results, that HJT is the last step and to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

Good luck and welcome to techspot.

This thread is for the use of mahm only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi there both of you, Thanks very much for the instant reply.

I have followed that link and try to complete all steps as thorougly as possible, despite having some issues on several steps.
LOL I fell asleep (it was 5am) during combo and to be woken up at 8am with the ComboFix log in my face!!

Ok attatched is:

ComboFix log OK
( COULD NOT SAVE REPORT) AVG ANTISPYWARE
HiJackThis OK

Anything else?

P.S: I have wireless internet, and since downloading all the bits/bats its gone slower
P.SS:I byacidentally closed the suspicious .exe is task manager before this (it was like sblstxr blah blah) and they've not come back!!!

cOULDNT INSTALL AD-AWARE AND SMITFRAUD DIDNT WORK.

Couldnt save AVG SPYWARE REPORT BUT 3 infections found: ALL RESULS QURANTINED

Found:
1.Trojan.Steam.f
2.Not-A-Virus.PSWTool.Win32.Passview.b
3.Not-A-Virus.PSWTool.Win32.Dialupass.f

ALSO: Since doing all this, when I logon, and put password in and logs in I get a black screen with my cursor. explorer.exe takes a long time to load therefore I have to open it manually by task manager. Any infO?

Thanks

Apologies your log has been overlooked but we are extremely busy and volunteer our time free of charge, if you still require help please post a fresh HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back