System Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmarlow

I have been having system errors and crashes for about 2 weeks now. I have updated absolutely every drivers I could find. The server is my Exchange server. It is a Dell PowerEdge 2650. I have replaced all the hard drives x 5-73gb. I have upgraded to 2 gb of RAM from 1gb. I have upgraded to Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange 2000. I have run Windows System Analyzer and fixed everything found to be incorrect. It seems these crashes started after installing the latest Microsoft security updates but I can't seem to find why that would cause the crashes. It seems they are related to hardware or drivers. The errors are 1003, category 102. I will attach the latest .dmp file. Thank you for any help.

gmarlow said:
I have been having system errors and crashes for about 2 weeks now. I have updated absolutely every drivers I could find. The server is my Exchange server. It is a Dell PowerEdge 2650. I have replaced all the hard drives x 5-73gb. I have upgraded to 2 gb of RAM from 1gb. I have upgraded to Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange 2000. I have run Windows System Analyzer and fixed everything found to be incorrect. It seems these crashes started after installing the latest Microsoft security updates but I can't seem to find why that would cause the crashes. It seems they are related to hardware or drivers. The errors are 1003, category 102. I will attach the latest .dmp file. Thank you for any help.

Hi

I took a look at the dump file and find NTOSKRNL.EXE to be the cause, this is usually related to faulty memory.

However you say that you have upgraded to 2gb, did you change all the memory or just add to the existing? if so I think the original stick(s) may be faulty.

Download Memtest86 and let it run for at least 8 passes.

This info is available from the MS website here.

Regards

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. I tracked the problem down. A program named MirrorFolder was sending bad packets due to a system file issue, mrfoldr.sys which is located in the windows\drivers folder was the cause. I uninstalled the program and so far am okay. Just thought I'd share this incase anyone has similar problems. The info pointed to hardware but with further checking you may find software to be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back