System Error Server 2003 Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a server at a clients office just put in Dell Poweredge 2950 with Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard Edition. Everyday at different times of the day the server crashes and reboots. I get System Error in the event log. Error code 0000008e, parameter1 c0000046, parameter2 8082b100, parameter3 f78d66d0, parameter4 00000000. I have looked online and alot of stuff says update drivers but they are as up to date as I can got them off the Dell website. If anyone can give me direction on what I should do. All the hardware has been tested its all brand new.

thanks

Hi. Sorry, I didn't see your post three days ago. Both errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware issues, and are strong indicators of corrupted memory. Sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

One simply cited a core Windows driver which is too general to be of much help. The other cited another Windows driver, intelppm.sys, but I believe this has more information that you can utilize.

Check out this link: http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2005/10/24/484461.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back