System Freezes after try to boot windows from CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the situation:

My computer runs on Windows XP with SP1. I have tried to install a copy of Nero on my computer and when I reboot after the installation process, I get an error that wont even allow me to boot into windows. It says "disk read error. press ctrl, alt, and del to reboot. This is a vicious cycle that I wasn't able to fix. So the first time this happened to me I just put the windows cd in, booted from the cd and had to format the HD and start over. This wasn't a huge problem cause this is a secondary computer that doesn't have any of my important files. I tried to restore and repair windows but that did not work. That was a while ago and I wasn't sure if nero was the cause, or I just forgot and im an *****. So, I tried to install this copy of Nero again. Bad idea. Got the same problem. I put the windows cd in and tried to boot from the cd. When it asks me to press any key to boot from cd, I press a key and it is as though it is going into setup because I get the message that says "setup is determining your hardware configuration...please wait" (or something like that) and then the message disappears and I have a black screen that is frozen. It doesnt take me to the setup menu or anything, it is just stuck. I haven't the slightest idea what to do, I dont know if I should try formatting the hard drive some other way and then trying to install windows. Any help would be GREAT. Fresh out of ideas.
thanks

Maybe that version of Nero is an OEM that does not work with your brand/model of CDRW.
Those are symptoms that occur in such cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back