System performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggah

Ok opened this thread to see what i can get. I need to know what can I do (with out breaking down my laptop) can i do to increase the performance of it. The most i know to do is defragment every week so basically I'm looking for some advanced ideas on how I can improve my systems performance. I currently have only 3 games installed on it and they would be WoW, Hellgate London, and Diablo2. I also have the Zune software, aim, yim, curse client, and that's about all I've downloaded. Web cam, fingerprint reader, I have no microsoft word or any of their office stuff. I do have spread sheet and documents tho. Other than all the other bull you get when you buy a pc from the manufactuer that's about all I've got. 4 GB of ram memory running at i think 1.98 ghz and 250 mb of memory If i had it with me I'd tell you everything else about the system and operating speeds, but i scored a 5.0 on the performance test and i'd like to score higher. Any tips and advice on maintainig my gaming/web surfing only laptop let me know...:evil:

google PageDefrag, DL and run at least once or until the pagefile is in one fragment.

use Run->Services.msc and then use Action->Export to capture the list of services

attach the list to your follow-up

Yes stopping all your services that you don't need can help. Its sometimes easiest to just go to the tray and turn a bunch of stuff off except the firewall of course. Cleaning the registry can help a little if your system is cluttered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back