System Restarting System Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: 102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ba33c050, parameter3 f2001410, parameter4 300c0400.

System Properties:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel Core 2 Duo
E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz
2.67 Ghz, 3.23 GB of RAM

My computer restarts suddenly and returns with a pop up screen saying "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" sometimes and sometimes not. I observed this is happening only when I am using Firefox. I am facing this problem since 6 months. Some days it wont restart at all...and the other day it restarts many times within the minutes gap... I tried reinstalling OS and other drivers latest updates, but the problem repeats...Please help..

Hi cricketfundas,

AS your System Has Recovered from a Serious Error
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ba33c050, parameter3 f2001410, parameter4 300c0400.

So,
Error code 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

parameter1 0x00000005: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT

Generally, use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above to troubleshoot this problem. A specific problem is known to exist with Win XP and Server 2003 in combination with certain antivirus programs, firewalls, and similar software; see the article linked below for details and current status of a fix from Microsoft.

Or Get More Information go to:-

Clink On Link-----> http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#general

And Get More Information About WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

Kindly Check your processor fan once :)
Best Of Luck...[:)]

Hello,

Thanks for your immediate answer.

But my system restarted again just now...When I went into the Event Viewer to see the error, there is no error found but the source I found is Service Control Manager

Attached the snapshot of the Event Viewer...Please help..

I am guessing a Faulty RAM...What do you say?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 2
Processor Fan is Okay...System used to restart sometimes for the first i switch on the computer and sometimes in the middle of the work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back