System Tray Description Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like just a minor distraction, but for anal-retentive types (like me), it's a problem. The display for my system tray (that is little yellowish dialog box that pops up when you move the cursor onto an icon on the system tray; for example, if I move it onto the time, it would display the calendar year) is now coming up behind the task bar, which means I can't read it. Any ideas?

Not sure if it takes it's properties from those of the task bar. If so, try altering the properties of the task bar, such as always on top, auto hide, show clock, etc. Turning them off, rebooting, then back on again (as you prefer them) and see if it makes any difference.

I'm quite unclear as to whether you are affected by running other windows full screen, but as far as I can tell, you can only get the popup help if you can see the system tray at all, and if they popup, they are always on top....

This can be annoying. It happens to me occasionally- I don't know the cause. But the "fix" I've found is to run the Error Check. You have not given any system information however and in the absence, here is the path for Windows XP:

My Computer> Right click on Local Drive-usually C> Properties> Tools> Error Check> check both boxes on screen that appears to scan and fix> OK.

Close nag message and reboot. Error check will begin in 9 seconds. Let it finish. This should be a part of your routine maintenance on the system. I usually follow with a defrag.

See if this brings the time and date back on top.

By sheer coincidence, one of my work XP pc's suddenly started doing it. never seen it before, but my solution was extremely simple.

Just open the taskbar properties, and change any of the first three check boxes, click apply and change it back to what you want. (i.e. lock taskbar, auto-hide, keep taskbar on top)

In my case lock was on, auto-hide off, keep ontop was on. I just unlocked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back