Tadsw.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wthorpe

Hello all,

Been a bad day today. I'm getting "Tadsw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm running Windows XP, and took the following straight from Microsoft's support site:

Use for Microsoft Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Themes.
3. Click Display.
4. On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
5. On the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider control to the third position (from the left), and then click OK.

Note The following message is the description for this position:
Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications.
6. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.

Yet it didn't work. Has anyone else ever run into this? If so, do you have any new insight to offer?

Thank you,

WThorpe

Tadsw.exe part of Asset Insight from Tangram - asset managing software. Required if an organisation is running a centrally administered asset management system

Please either re-install the program, or un-install it fully

You have a CoolWebSearch infection. First we will need to download a few tools that will help us in the removal of your problem.

Download CWShredder Here.
Download Symtec Backdoor.Agent.B Removal Tool Here.
Download about:buster by RubbeRDuckY Here.

Save all of these files somewhere you will remember like to the Desktop.

First run the Symantec Removal Tool and follow the instructions and prompts within it. Be sure to save the log file as I may need to see that later. Reboot your computer.

Please run about:buster by RubbeRDuckY:
Unzip the contents of AboutBuster.zip and an AboutBuster directory will be created.
Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.
Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.
Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.
If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update" then click the X to close that window.
Click Start and then OK to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.
Click Yes to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.
It will begin to check your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.
When it has finished, click Save Log. Make sure you save it as I may need a copy of it later.
Reboot your computer again

Now run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about. Reboot your computer again.

Please run the on-line virus scans that Atribune posted above. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)

With all that done, please reboot your computer and then post another HiJackThis log so that we can check to be sure you are good to go. Please don't forget to post back and let us know how everything is going.

Good Luck

The last replies here: http://www.what-process.com/process-info.aspx?p=TADSW.exe
Say it's part of Asset Insight client. This file is located at C:\INSIGHT\TOOLS\TADSW.EXE

wthorpe is the file located there on your computer?

Also sent12b, instead of directing users to these removal tools, you would be best to quote what all support quote here,
ie: Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

By doing this, support can then check the logs for any further issues (wthorpe I'm not suggesting you need to do this, I'm still wanting to know if the file is what I've stated above or not??)

Hi Kimsland,

I found it under C:\Program Files\insight\tools\tadsw.exe
I uninstalled and reinstalled Asset Insight. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you,

WThorpe

Hi sent12b,

I went ahead and tried the uninstall/reinstall of Asset Insight first, because it was the easiest fix. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works. Thank you for your reply, as I will be trying it too, if what I've done so far doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks a lot,

WThorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back