Take Two delays BioShock 2 and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Without being too specific, blockbuster publisher Take-Two made it clear today that several of their upcoming titles would be faced with delays in the coming year. Major titles including BioShock 2, Mafia 2, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption were all listed as having their specific launch windows pushed back, for a variety of reasons.

The latter three games are expected within the first half of next year, with the most significant postponement affecting BioShock 2. Originally scheduled for November 2009, Take-Two now claims the game will arrive in the first half of calendar 2010. The difference there could be quite a few months, indicating that isn't just a minor issue they are concerned about.

The reason is unclear at the moment. Take-Two only specified that it would be the right decision in terms of development, but did attempt to clarify that cross-development among numerous platforms didn't play a part in the setback. The bottom line is that Take-Two claims more development time is needed to produce a quality product – which is what a gamer should expect from any developer. I would rather wait six months or even longer for a game to come out of development than get hit with a half-release that is full of bugs.

Take-Two may reveal more details later in day. One definite bad note for Take-Two is that they will miss the influx of buyers at the end of the year, which could potentially harm their bottom line.

Permalink to story.

CRAP!! Some of those were my future Christmas gifts to myself. Oh well - I'd rather them get it right then release an unfinished product.

I agree I would rather them have more time than rush a title, just don't want them to do a Duke Nukem on us, lol.

Indeed... It's nice to see a company that is putting quality before the profiteering "just shove the crap out for the Christmas rush, we can patch it later" mentality that many have had lately.

Of course, it's cross-platform, so patching would be a serious issue on the console side...

I'd say waiting is good, but these days we end up having to wait 6 months more for a STILL unfinished product. Don't know what kool-aid you guys drink to keep your hype up like that.

Screw you, Take Two.

omg , I was so looking foward to those , just finished call of juarez 2 ,giving me even more of a hunger for red dead and I've been looking foward to bioshock2 since bioshock 1 and mafia 2 has been in the pipeline for ages , its nearly folklore like L.A. Noire , did 2K make the last bioshock anyone know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back