TASCAM US144 and Windows XP Pro Pops and Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Tascam US-144 for my home studio using windows xp pro and when I am listening to sound over the internet there are pops, clicks and sometimes sounds just drops out all together. I did have a problem with getting the Multimedia driver to install correctly I am wondering if my Notebook is having some kind of conflict with the US-144 but I don't know how to check? Here are my specs:

MX6440 Notebook Specifications
[class=size1]Part Number: 1008824Gateway MX6440 Notebook

[font]Feature [font]Description Processor AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology ML-32
Operates at 1.8 GHz | 512 KB L2 Cache
HyperTransport™ technology at up to 1600 MHz) Screen 15.4-inch Widescreen Ultrabright WXGA TFT Chipset ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M Chipset (RS482M) Memory 1024 MB DDR (2 × 512 MB) (PC2700) SODIMM
Expandable to 2 GB Video Integrated Radeon® X300 based graphics
Up to 64 MB shared video memory Audio AC '97 2.3 Compliant Audio
Built-in speakers Hard Drive 100 GB hard drive (4200 RPM) Optical Drive DVD+/-RW Multi-Format Double Layer (up to 8.5 GB) Write maximum: 8X DVD +/-R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-R DL, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW
Read maximum: 8X DVD-R/RW/ROM, 4X DVD+/-R DL, RAM, 24X CD-R/RW/ROM discs
Media Reader 4-in-1 Digital Media Manager
Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick-Pro, and MMC Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem Network 10/100 Mbps built-in Ethernet
802.11g Wireless LAN (up to 54 Mbps)
SecureEasySetup™, 125 High Speed Mode, BroadRange™ Technology Interfaces
4 - USB 2.0 Ports
1 - VGA External Connector
1 - IEEE 1394 port
1 - RJ11
1 - RJ45
Microphone In
Headphone / Audio Out
Pointing Device Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone PCMCIA 1 - Type I or Type II; Card Bus Battery 6-cell Lithium-ion Dimensions 1.31 to 1.40-inches H × 14.09-inches W × 10.39-inches D Weight 6.28 pounds (2.92 kg)

And the sounds go away when you disconnect the Tascam?

How is it connected... specific devices, sockets, plugs?

USB May Be My Issue

I was using USB for the Tascam but I ended up taking it back and bought the Lexicon U22 and I am getting better response but not what I am use to until by accident I did not connect my keyboard via usb which I am using as the midi keyboard for my laptop and without the keyboard connected the software and the sound card respond with no problems. I am wondering if I am having USB conflicts when using more than one USB port at one time, I have four and I need to use them all. Is there anyway to check to see if I am having USB conflicts???

And the sounds go away when you disconnect the Tascam?

How is it connected... specific devices, sockets, plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back