OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MR-PC
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model DX4300
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-A4, 9/15/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name MR-PC\MR
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.87 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.6 GB
Page File Space 7.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

You left out a few details, such as what you will use the PC for, the graphics card, power supply and hard drive.

I will not be gaming. I do multitask mid to heavy range. I use adobe photoshop and keep a lot of browser windows open.

Here's a little more information...

Gateway® DX4300-15e

AMD Phenom™ II X4 Quad-Core Processor 810 (2.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache)2

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)3

8GB DDR2 Dual Channel Memory (4 x 2048MB Modules)4

Maximum 8GB

1TB SATA hard drive (Green Product - variable RPM)1

Integrated ATI® Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics4

16X DVD+/-R/RW Super Multi Drive

300W Power Supply

* 1 MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes; TB = 1 trillion bytes. Accessible capacity may vary due to preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
* 2 Overall system performance is based on several PC attributes; GHz, processor clock speed, is one of the attributes.
* 3 Windows 64-bit versions are intended to work with 64-bit drivers and peripherals. Windows 32-bit compatible applications work in Windows 64-bit versions. For information about updating drivers and troubleshooting issues with device drivers for 64-bit versions of Windows, contact the manufacturer of the device or program or check the Microsoft website for additional information.
* 4 Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and/or shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.

Since it's not intended for gaming, I'd say you have a nice PC that should work just fine for your needs.

Personally, I wouldn't run a computer without a minimum of a 380 watt PSU.

This Antec; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&Tpk=Antec EA380D (On sale til 6/22) or this Corsair http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9008&cm_re=Corsair_PSU-_-17-139-008-_-Product

The 300 watt PSU power point has a lot of junk aimed at OEM and cheapie replacements in it. I suppose there's a few good ones also. Seasonic and Fortran Source come to mind. The Antec above is either built by Seasonic or Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back