Thanks Bobbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman

I am not sure what to do yet. I really like Fire Fox and I will probably reinstall it. I am sure the only problem was when I changed a setting late one night in internet options, I think. I am using the new version of I. E. and it's ok. An old problem has arizen now. I go to CNN a lot and usually get a very small box pop up that says " stack over flow at line 0" . I have no idea what it means. This is the reason I switched to Fire Fox to begin with. I hate to be a pain in the rear end. I can operate a 2 million dollar Cat Scan machine but I have not be trained in my own PC. I learn as I go , with help from nice folks like you. I am not sure what to do. None of the problems is major , just annoying. I guess I like Fire Fox better so I should re insatll it. I'll give it a try later, the kids and chickens are screaming for me to feed them first. Be well my friend. Woodsman

Hello Woodsman- I know what you mean about operating the sophisticated machines! I do better on a computer than I do setting up a new phone. Have to call in family to do that!

Let's try and solve the IE problem first. The next time this 'stack' message happens, note the time on the computer clock. Then do the following:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.
Errors are time coded.

We'll get that fixed, the maybe you can try Firefox again

In addition to the above, give these a try:
  • Try resetting Internet Explorer> Tools> Internet options,> Advanced tab> press Reset button.
  • Disable both debugging lines. Also disable Show a Notification about every script error.
  • Clean out your Temporary Internet Files folder.

If none of these work, you will need to disable the add-ons, then add them back on one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back