The Best Laptops: Top ultraportable, workstation, gaming and more

Jos

Staff

When choosing the right laptop it all comes down to what you are willing to spend and what you plan to use it for. If the idea of navigating the countless options out there sounds daunting we’ve got you covered. After looking at several of the best devices this year and analyzing dozens of professional reviews and user opinions, we bring you the best of the best in a handful of popular categories. This are this year's best workstations, Chromebook, ultraportables, budget and gaming laptops.

Read on and check out the best laptops.

I believe the 13 inch retina MacBook Pro is a better portable option than the MacBook Air. Comes with better cpu, more ram as standard, ssd storage, retina screen and weight difference is pretty insignificant. It also has an hdmi port in addition to the same connections as the air.

It’s fast enough to stream video or music

Wow never thought you had to worry about streaming things in a Chromebook, after everything they aim for.

I'll second the "Budget" laptop, it's not budget at all, it may be the cheaper of the higher-entry level (odd phrasing), but it's not budget at all!

Also, what makes the Asus gaming laptop a winner having 4th gen of intel core? I can get a brand new out of the oven Alienware 17" for the same price (Well with 16gb of ram, not 24 would be the only difference), or get the 18 with sli setup for the same non-offer price.

Only two USB ports on the MacBook Pro. So I had to get an external USB powered hub. Very lame. I have every port connected with something. I guess they thought making it thinner would be better than usability. Still a great machine and Windows runs better on it that OSX.

Back