The Best Laptops: Ultraportables, Workstations & Gaming

I love the XPS 13, sure the touchpad is not quite as good as a macbook but it's more than usable. As dell frequently do 10% of offers they are a steal compared to the macbook.

The author's choice in "gaming" notebooks is questionable. The Razer and Asus are wimpy BGA jokebooks, not respectable gaming notebooks. Perhaps Julio has never had the pleasure of testing a manly beast notebook like the P870DM3 or Eurocom Tornado F5, either of which come with a desktop 6700K CPU, MXM graphics and overclock like a desktop. I would never recommend a BGA turdbook to anyone I cared about.

GPD Win, bought this tiny Windows gaming portable for fun but end up using it more than my actual computer..

XPS 13 looks very nice.

How does Surface Pro or Surface Book compare to these choices?

The author's choice in "gaming" notebooks is questionable. The Razer and Asus are wimpy BGA jokebooks, not respectable gaming notebooks. Perhaps Julio has never had the pleasure of testing a manly beast notebook like the P870DM3 or Eurocom Tornado F5, either of which come with a desktop 6700K CPU, MXM graphics and overclock like a desktop. I would never recommend a BGA turdbook to anyone I cared about.

Doesn't matter what the Author says, they ARE labeled as GAMING laptops according to the manufacturer what do you expect the Author to do refute the manufacturer of the device?

Were transformers not considered for this? Just wonder why products like MS Surfice Pro isn't on the list...

The title says it all, BEST laptops ultra Portable (not Surface) , Workstation, (not Surface) and Gaming (not Surface)

Not only is Surface NOT any of these categories but it's not even CLOSE to the "BEST" laptop or even notebook..

That's why its not on the list.

Back