The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing)

I'll weigh in on Horizon Zero Dawn...

The game is so good, I'd spend many hours just watching someone else playing it.

Here's a good 11-hours walk-through:

Starcraft is pretty much all you have.

RTS players expect a single-player experience to be part of the package. Most big companies aren't willing to invest the effort to craft great AIs and campaigns for a strategy game of any sort. This goes double for more cerebral game styles such as RTS, TBS or 4X. We *are* starting to see a number of "remasters" of classics but their little more than minor graphic upgrades with some minor quality-of-life tweaks. Supposedly Command and Conquer is being resurrected but that could all be just talk..we have no idea if a new game will ever see the light of day. Personally what I would be ecstatic over is a Total Annihilation sequel or reboot. However, as long as kids keep throwing money at them we're just going to keep drowning in "battle royales", annual sports game rehashes and mobile ports.

Missed factorio. This publication mentioned you had lots in the office who were playing it. I have to agree for the type of game it is, it is awesome.

Glad to see Wasteland 3 there

Last edited:
Apart from Horizon I wouldn't recommend anything else lol.
I Played it on PS4 Pro and oh boy.
Ultra Hard was quite enjoyable after finishing it the first time.
The game is a masterpiece,no need for further comments.

Starcraft is pretty much all you have.

Company of Heros is still kicking. The game is about as perfect of a RTS as it can get.

As for newer RTS games, Halo Wars 2 came out not too long ago. But I wouldn't call CoH old either.

I'd rather have good quality RTS games, and those of hard to make.

Any list created is subjective to the person(s) writing it.

The only game worthwhile on this list, to me, would be Wasteland 3. I've enjoyed Wasteland 2 (never played the first), so Wasteland 3 is on my to buy list.

I've tried a few others listed or have played the predecessors of a few and thought they were awful. Lots of flash with little to no substance or littered with hackers/cheaters that the idea of playing online with others is just too off putting to waste my time with.

Been playing RDR2 a lot, lately. Fun game that has a lot of relaxing moments to it such as riding your horse from point A to B enjoying the scenery and crafting. Nice break from frenzied shooter games.

Also picked up MS Flight Simulator. Gorgeous game that can be as technical or as easy as you want it. Fun to fly over world landmarks. Anxiously awaiting some military aircraft options.

I'd easily recommend both.

"Has there ever been a better time to be a gamer?"

Well, I'd say about a month from now would be a better time :)

And Civilization V is still on my list (I like it better than VI)...

I'm holding out for a WarCraft 4 (WarCraft II and III were my favourite RTS games) - but I'm not holding my breath...

Last edited:
RTS players expect a single-player experience to be part of the package. Most big companies aren't willing to invest the effort to craft great AIs and campaigns for a strategy game of any sort. This goes double for more cerebral game styles such as RTS, TBS or 4X. We *are* starting to see a number of "remasters" of classics but their little more than minor graphic upgrades with some minor quality-of-life tweaks. Supposedly Command and Conquer is being resurrected but that could all be just talk..we have no idea if a new game will ever see the light of day. Personally what I would be ecstatic over is a Total Annihilation sequel or reboot. However, as long as kids keep throwing money at them we're just going to keep drowning in "battle royales", annual sports game rehashes and mobile ports.

Northgard

I'll weigh in on Horizon Zero Dawn...

The game is so good, I'd spend many hours just watching someone else playing it.
I dropped over 100 hours (just a single crash in that time too) into HZD doing/collecting everything I could. It was a brilliantly designed world with a great story and excellent game mechanics.

I liked it so much for a split second I thought about if I'd get a PS5 to play Forbidden West. Hopefully they port it to PC relatively quickly.

Come on, nobody missed Detroit Become Human in this list?? Yes, it’s not a shooter or RPG, but an amazing game for the choices you have and different outcomes... already finished twice (completely differently), but will go for at least 2 more!

There is a mental disorder that forces you to only play unfinished games.
I have it. I curse the bugs and keep playing my unfinished games.
My favorite problem is when I lose my best in game items only to
grind to replace them. Idk why, but these games are more dear
to me than any polished game out there.

Horizon Zero Dawn was not in "shambles" at launch, cut the drama please. Arkham Knight was in shambles at launch, HZD had some minor crashing issues.

Back