The case of the random BSODs

Yes, I used something sounding like a mystery story, But that's what my computer has been reminding me of constantly, as cheesy as it might sound.

Specs:

Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00HGz, 4.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Any clashing hardware issues there?

Description from CCleaner.

The problem is this: upon crashing, my computer blames certain parts of my system that may not have anything to do with the crash.

It blames memory.

It blames networking problems.

It blames readyboost.

It blames USBs.

It even gives me fatal system errors that never seem to effect my computer, and gives me minor ones that do.

Can I ever find a permanent solution? No.

The main crash message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Otherwise, it's unidentified. I used to get PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and I still do sometimes, but not as often.

I even reinstalled and reformatted Windows 7, to no avail.

I used to be able to fix all of the crashing problems by putting my computer to sleep. Un;ess I shut it down or there was a power outage, I had no problems with that. I put it to sleep whenever I wasn't using it and that was that. No more problems for a while.

Until March 22nd. When there was some unidentified power outage during the middle of my night when my computer was sleeping. Normally, tis was no problem. I would use the crashy computer for a day, and put it to sleep at night, getting no more errors in the morning. But it didn't. And worse, when I did try to put it to sleep, my computer somehow turned on in the middle of the night.

Worse, I don't know when it crashed because it doesn't tell me anymore since the 22nd.

Whenever I attempt to install Service Pack 1 for Win 7 x64, during shut down, I am told it has installed and hasn't. When I attempt to auto-update, my computer crashes partway through installing SP1.

When I install something, the crashing problems go away for a short period of time, but always return.

I am backing things up , but I am worried about all of the paid programs installed on my computer with the codes I don't have access to anymore. Last time I reinstalled windows 7 and reformatted EVERYTHING, I lost PowerDirector 8.

Will be updated as soon as I get any crashes.

Crash 1: 0x0000001E: Unspecified. Watching Youtube when the crash occured. Google Chrome crashed a few minutes prior to my posting this thread. It crashed when I opened CCleaner to post the specs ON this thread, actually.

--HG

EDIT: You might also want to know that indications of an upcoming crash are lack of Windows Aero transparency, crashing browsers, a crashing Desktop Windows Manager, and Adobe Flash crashing. Programs may also crash; the one crashing most often is WMP. The computer very rarely unexpectedly crashes, but it may be almost half an hour to a few seconds after the indications occur.

Back