The Excess of Video Games

Subservient

I love video games. I LOVE them lol. But lately, there has been too many games being released at once. There would be nothing for two months, then 6 new games come out at once. Normally, this wouldn't be too bad, but most of the recent games are all concentrated on graphics and cinematics and the games get old too fast. For example, Half-Life 2, which had lots of hype, was amazing the first time around, but no replay value. Doom 3 got boring before I hit the middle of it. Quake 4 has amazing graphics.. but the gameplay is pretty bad.

...OR, I'm just an ***** with bad attention span who can't stick to one game. What do you guys think?

Well, the ultimate replayable game is Unreal Tournament 2004. The matches are always different. Also, try Halo. I never get board from playing it.

one word...multiplayer
go online and own some people
make some friends....
endless reply..
just find a game you liek that has multiplayer and youll be ok for months

thats why you always read the small print...
and im sure there is a way wround cd keys....(illegally)..but there is, if your desperate
just make sure you buy a game that comes with its key...

I agree my attention span for single player game is way short. Unless it has a kick **** story i soon end up cheating to see the ending and get it done with. Even then games lasting more then 20 hours or are too long for me. Now multiplayer is the way to go. Being 1942 or Warcraft III killing friends makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, I agree multiplayer games is the thing now, adventuring alone can't beat adventuring with friends, mugging unsuspecting people in a dark alley, or just chatting ingame. And of course nothing can beat the satisfying feeling of blowing ur friends' head with a sniper rifle from a distance.

I think the Golden Age of video gaming was from about 1987 to 1994. Games these days are, as you said, too focused on impressive graphics, and have little ingenuity, originality, or replay value.

If you want a true classic, check out Epyx's "Rogue" for DOS, released in 1984. Now there's a game with replay value. It features randomly-generated maps, so every game is different. Plus, there's a function to make the game disguise itself as a fake DOS command line (to make it seem like you were busy working, rather than playing games). A must-have for the 1980s office worker!

oh, I am fond of playing MAME from time to time. I relive my high school years.....

My all time favorite is burgertime.

dang tedster...i liek classics to
but burger time, i bout punched the crap out of my comp playing that game
:)
(dont worry i didnt puch the computer though)

ah... but on MAME you can CHEAT! (But I don't need to- after it playing it so much, I learned the patterns in the game!)

if ya ain't cheat'n you ain't trying..... if you get caught, you're not trying hard enough!

haha

god, UT2004 had such an amazing replay experience. While i had to set the graphics on low, it still was so much fun. And of course, mods.games righnow are going through pains of overcoming better graphics for better gameplay.

Back