The quote of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peddant

"I'm convinced intraband /outerband resonant absorption by circularly polarized UV photons leads to spin polarization of electrons,and that it's possible to create an 'Atomic Quantum Switch' which carries an electro-static field, electro-magnetic field,and spin orientation,and that can be made to represent non-volatile 0's and 1's."

The future of storage - http://www.p2pnet.net/story/7929

Ummm, I'd think that the decay rate those spin polarized electrons would be too fast to make this practical. Or you'd have to continuously bombard the storage medium with the spin polarized UV photons to maintain this state, which wouldn't make it a "storage medium" now would it?

The only time I've heard of electrons maintaining their state as suggested above is with super conductor theories. In one experiment they used liquid Helium, this is at 3 degrees kelvin. The electron pairs now fall into a stable quantum superposition in which the two electrons behave as one. (this is the working principle of all superconductor material). In this He experiment they gave the whole atom a spin resonance and it fell into a completely new quantum state in which the whole atom ( 2protons/2 neutrons and 2 electrons)behaved as a single quantum particle. Freaken freaky quantum physicists!

I can walk on water. When it's at 0C or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back