The Routing and Remote Access error

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashmonkey

One day my internet slowed to a crawl. I'm not sure if my brother downloaded anything (he is pretty much computer illiterate) so I ran a virus test, spybot yada yada yada, removed some tracking cookies etc. It didn't help at all. I flushed the DNS and re-registered the DNS through ipconfig and I think that's where stuff got screwy. I read the event viewer and I found this multipe times, probably because I kept restarting the computer to try and fix the problem:

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 340 (0x154).

Anyone have a fix for this? I try to start the process with services.msc, but I get this:

Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 340.

I turned my computer off, powered down and unpluged my router from the computer, and plugged the cable modem directly into the computer. It worked like a charm. The only problem is, my dad needs the wireless access the router delivers.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :knock:

Hi,

I found a similar problem just recently. The problem seemed to be created when MDAC 2.8 was installed. I installed MDAC 2.8 SP1 and this appeared to fix the problem. I can't say why it caused a problem but this was my experience. Good luck.

Are you 'developing code'? MDAC 2.8 is a developer package

Normally, most of us don't use the Routing and Remote Access as it is used for
WAN access into a corporate I.T. environment. Mine is set to start manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back