The Steam Monster Summer Sale has begun

Scorpus

Staff member

As expected, Valve has begun their annual wallet-busting Steam Summer Sale, bringing the usual deep discounts to PC games, DLC and even some software from today until June 21.

In the Steam Monster Summer Sale, which is what Valve is calling this year's sale, there are four categories of deals. The first two should be familiar to those who have experienced major Steam sales before: Daily Deals offer great discounts each day on selected games, while Flash Sales discount a new range of games every 12 hours.

The third category in this year's sale involves a mini-game Valve has especially created for the sale. By playing the Monster Summer Game and fighting enemies along with many other Steam users, milestones are reached which unlock new deals on games. These milestones reset every day, and that's when the deals unlocked from the previous day become available.

It appears as though you don't have to play the Monster Summer Game to take advantage of the deals unlocked by other people playing, although jumping into the game and having some fun will contribute to deals being unlocked for all. And along the way you'll get some trading cards that can be converted to a bit of cash or some Steam experience points and badges.

The final category of deals last throughout the entire Steam sale, although usually these discounts aren't as significant as discounts found in Daily Deals, Flash Sales or from the Monster Summer Game. If you have your eye on a particular game, wait until it's discounted in one of the aforementioned categories, unless it's the final day of the sale.

Permalink to story.

Wow, I should go see a doctor. I could swear two days ago when I checked Steam, GTA5 cost 59euros, now it's 72euros, 55 after rebate. Or maybe Hausers/Newell should see one? The boxed version in local mall still goes for 39euros.

I noticed something similar for Wolfenstein: The New Order. It had been $40, but now is shows as 50% off of $60. And a local department store has the physical discs for $20.

Just dont buy stuff you know you will never play, basic impulse control

Just dont buy stuff you know you will never play, basic impulse control

What!? There is no such thing as controlling your impulse!! and this sale is going to suck gamer's wallets dry!! :D

Perhaps some Alien Isolation, Xcom and Attila will purge my wallet, but I'm really into The Witcher 3 right now so I'm not really sure if I'll buy anything now.

Do the games that go on sale eventually get their original price back or they all last until June 21?

Do the games that go on sale eventually get their original price back or they all last until June 21?
I believe the sales time vary, they all say how long the sale will last and after that they go back to normal price. I've seen sales that last 3 days some that last 24 hours and some that last a week, it varies.

Downloading The Witcher 2 as I post this, for just over £2GBP it`s a bargain, oh and I also bagged the original Worms game, fond memories there.

Back