Think I've blown up my integrated audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really appreciate any help from some hardcore techies out there- I've tried searching for people with similar audio problems to the one I've got, but it seems I've really knackered it all up as its quite unique. Worrying.

Just to be clear, I am by no means an expert- merely an eager, ever hopeful, random clicker.

In a nutshell, I have no sound from my notebook (with soundmax integrated audio). The speakers make no noise at all and the headphones just make a strange crackle/ pop sound (no trace of what is supposed to be playing) as if it's picking up internal noises like the disk spinning.

At first it was telling me that there was no device installed so i went into BIOS and selected default settings. The device then reappeared in device manager and stated it was working correctly, which to be honest just annoyed me because it clearly wasn't. , I've tried updating the drivers which were apparently already up to date, and clicked on pretty much every option, check box and tab i could see- hence my description of being a random clicker.

Now that I've run out of things to click on, i thought it would be worthwhile to see if there was someone out there who actually knows what they're doing and who would direct a portion of their expertise towards my dilemma.

I have a sneaking suspicion that something has gone irrecoverably wrong, in which case, can anyone suggest an alternative solution- external sound card maybe? Not that i can find such a thing......over to you.

Thanks in advance

Try uninstalling all your present audio drivers and then reinstalling them from your motherboard support disc.

I have a sneaking suspicion that something has gone irrecoverably wrong, in which case, can anyone suggest an alternative solution- external sound card maybe? Not that i can find such a thing...

External sound cards are available. I'm using a Creative SoundBlaster 24Bit External right now. It's a USB sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back