Thinking about installing a second hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am considering installing a second SATA hard drive to supplement my current one because I am running out of room. I will need to install a SATA controller first, however, because my computer only has one port and I will need another. I am not super tech savvy but I believe I need to do something with BIOS but when I start up my computer I get a message saying that there is no BIOS is not installed. What do I do?

I'm unclear on what you've done and what your problem actually is.

I would expect that you don't have to change anything in the BIOS after installing the controller card. But if you did have to change something it would just be the boot order, the motherboard may be looking to the controller card for a drive with a bootable system connected.

The only other time I've seen a message concerning anything related to no bios is with a Promise ATA133 controller card. One of the screens after the initial POST will look to that card for a drive, and if none are connected a message will be displayed saying the bios (of that controller card) wasn't loaded because no drives are attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back