This guy meticulously built an entire PC out of cardboard

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Cardboard isn’t exactly the go-to building material when putting together a PC although in a pinch, it can certainly get the job done. YouTuber Mickey W, however, has fully embraced the idea of using cardboard to build a computer.

The video, which shows the creation of a “computer” built entirely out of cardboard and common household materials, is Mickey W’s entry in LG’s first annual UltraWide Festival Dream Setup. The level of detail here is pretty incredible with the power supply perhaps being my favorite "component."

As a semi-finalist, the YouTuber earned a 34-inch widescreen monitor. LG will give three finalists a budget of $10,000 to design and build their dream setup.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

That was amazing. I almost died when I saw the CPU installation and when he put the I/O shield in before the motherboard! Well done sir, well done.

Title is a little click-bait-ish. But ye this was pretty awesome, I personally would not spend that much time doing this... then again... I am lazy...

Computer

an electronic device which is capable of receiving information (data) in a particular form and of performing a sequence of operations in accordance with a predetermined but variable set of procedural instructions (program) to produce a result in the form of information or signals.

This does nothing. Nice cardboard model of computer though. Was expecting actual computing when read the title. Nothing wrong with the video just bit misleading title on this site.

Cardboard CPU being cooled by a water cooler made out of cardboard. That's not going to end well. Should be good enough for playing Minecraft though.

I was also expecting a working computer... for some odd and awesomely amazing reason.

All there is left to ask is... why??
He did it for an LG cardboard competition, this was his entry into it but apparently his spotty internet didn't get it uploaded in time so his entry was not included. That is why you see the LG V10 ad and the LG monitor.

Back