This Is A Really Nice HDD External Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc14

I just put together my external drive and I have to say this thing is beautiful. I ordered a "Apricorn EZ Bus DTS 3.5" SATA Backup System" from Newegg ($70 and well worth it). Very strong and stylish all aluminum enclosure with a big and quiet 120mm fan mounted under the HDD that sucks air in from two low profile mesh grills in front and exhausts it out the back. Very, very quiet while operating and keeps everything incredibly cool. Holds a 3.5" SATA HDD only. Don't have SATA, no problem, it comes with a SATA PCI card and software (upgrade time for you IDE guys) plus 2 different backup utilities.

I mated it with a 160GB WD-1600 Caviar SATA HDD (8MB buffer, $90 from Directron on sale) and I have an incredibly high quality backup HDD for $160 total. This is about what a prebuilt external 80-120GB HDD is going for, on sale, and they mostly get terrible reviews. While operating, the crimson on light glows from the intake mesh screens for a really classy appearance. Sits flat or on it's side with an included stand. FWIW and a 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back