This is Driving me crazy, Bad Video problem with GeForce 3 Ti 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
It ran stable as a rock untill about 20 mins ago.

I had recently upgraded my motherboard because I was told my problem was memory. Well, It solved the problem for about 2 weeks.

I have NO idea what's coausing this Video card to just Lock up and cause Black lines to go across my screen. This is ludacris, I have tried EVERYTHING. My old motherboard used to need it's batery pulled for it to work stable for a few days.. Then crash agian, I might have to do this with this one. I would upgrade my Video but I have virtualy no money to do it. (Good thing Christmass is soon lol)

Any one know what's causeing this thing to lock up?

Is it DX9 The Drivers or the Motherboard(I doubt, 2 motherboards, same problem)?

Exact Specifications would be nice:-

i.e. DirectX Version (9.0 or 9.0a etc.)
Graphics Card Driver Versions (Manufacturer or Reference etc.)
Windows Version + Any Patches
Motherboard Name/Revision + Chipset Type

Have you got the motherboards chipset drivers installed, most importantly the AGP Miniport driver?

If you are using Detonator Drivers rather than manufacturer's own drivers try several different versions:-

I would recommend trying 23.12 & 27.20 before moving to newer drivers, these drivers are fairly reliable, but some games may not run.

I didn't release any information for a reason. I don't want false assumptions about it being a problem that isn't it. I found the problem to be the Video card confliting with VIA chipsets and DX9 in AGP calls. You pull the batery every 2 weeks and your fine for 2 weeks at a time.

I am just wondering what causes this. I won't have this problem any more, but I have seen it posted over and over and the only way to fix it is pulling the battery.

Happens on any Windows NT5+ Version operating systems. Not sure about 98, but I don't know any one that games on that operating system.

HEre is what I have, It wont help any considering I know how to fix the problem for 2 weeks at a time.. but, here it is.

Chaintec CT-9vjl3 MB
1gb pc2100DDR
GeForce 3 ti 200
Windows XP Fully updated (this doesn't matter)
Newest Nvidia Drivers ( Doesn't matter again)
Onboard Lan
Onbard Sound
30gb 7200 RPM HD ( doesn't matter)
DX 9.0b (Have had the problem with all 9.0, I am not sure if this error is caused in 8.0 Direct X)

Remeber, this problem has occured with this Video card in many diffrent computers I have installed. The only way to Fix this is to pull the battery every 2 weeks and reset what ever configureations need be set. Setting it to defualt fail-safe does NOT work what so ever. I have tried many times, ONLY pulling the battery works. It's only this Videocard on NT5+ systems.

I just want to know what's Causing this conflict.. Is it the AGP calling the DX in a bad method ? Poor resourcing? Conflictive resourcing?

It does sound like a VIA chipset issue, VIA chipsets are notorious for bugs like this.

Originally posted by el-es-dee
I didn't release any information for a reason. I don't want false assumptions about it being a problem that isn't it. I found the problem to be the Video card confliting with VIA chipsets and DX9 in AGP calls. You pull the batery every 2 weeks and your fine for 2 weeks at a time.

Pulling the Battery is not a solution, it may just be coincidental that pulling the battery resets some configuration data that allows the graphics card to work correctly.

Windows XP Fully updated (this doesn't matter)
Newest Nvidia Drivers ( Doesn't matter again)
DX 9.0b (Have had the problem with all 9.0, I am not sure if this error is caused in 8.0 Direct X)

Remeber, this problem has occured with this Video card in many diffrent computers I have installed. I have tried many times, ONLY pulling the battery works. It's only this Videocard on NT5+ systems.

I just want to know what's Causing this conflict.. Is it the AGP calling the DX in a bad method ? Poor resourcing? Conflictive resourcing?

You can't say that the newest NVIDIA drivers don't matter, just because they are the newest doesn't mean they were designed for geforce3s, they may have introduced some new bugs.

Which other motherboards have you tried? are they all VIA chipsets? have you tried the default XP Via Chipset drivers or VIAs own chipset drivers? Which Version of the VIA Chipset drivers?

Finally have you tried another graphics card? The graphics card COULD be faulty, you can't rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back