This smartphone packs a massive 10,000mAh battery, can last up to 15 days on a single charge

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Smartphones continue to get slimmer and sleeker yet as they do, the cry for better battery life gets louder and louder. At least one handset maker has heard the call for improved battery life and is actually doing something about it.

Chinese smartphone maker Oukitel has announced a new handset that it claims can last between 10 to 15 days on a single charge. A full charge takes just 3.5 hours, the company says.

The K10000 features a 5.5-inch, 720p display powered by a quad-core MediaTek processor clocked at 1GHz alongside 2GB of RAM and 16GB of local storage (expandable via microSD card slot). Around back in an 8-megapixel camera; a 2-megapixel shooter up front handles video calls and selfie duties. It will ship running Android 5.1 Lollipop.

The handset is able to pull off its marathon runtime thanks in part to a massive 10,000mAh battery (its mid-range hardware certainly helps as well). Despite its size and large battery, BGR points out that the phone weighs less than the iPhone 6s Plus at only 184 grams.

Its mid-range specs and lack of brand recognition certainly won't appeal to everyone but for demanding road warriors willing to gamble, this could be a very tempting device.

The Oukitel K10000 is available for pre-order as of writing priced at $239.99 sans contract. The pre-sale runs through January 2 with plans to ship a few weeks later.

Permalink to story.

at only 184 grams.

According to this Russian reviewer, it is an uber-heavy, half-kilo beast, only short of a proper brass-knuckle handle, suitable for any end-of-the-world type of occasion, to make the last call, while cooking your last bacon-and-egg off the phone charger.

I don't know where the information about 184 grams is coming from (maybe that's with the battery removed), but it weights over 500 grams.

Last edited:
The specs aren't midrange, they're very much entry level but that's not a problem for a lot of people, the problem is in the looks department. Maybe they're an acquired taste, I dunno... I'm undecided about them.
Still, it's selling point is all about battery life and it just might be worth a shot for many. Personally I wouldn't touch it mainly because of it's obscurity.

Awwwwww ..... look at the good side. Sure it's heavy, but having it sure beats carrying around those brass knuckles you wanted!

I have fairly good experience with LiPo batteries and can tell you there is absolutely no possible way the phone is only 184g. 8000mAh LiPos are 200g alone. 10Ah LiPos are approaching the 250g mark. Different lithium chemistries weigh more than LiCoO2 batteries as well, and chances are they probably aren't using LiCoO2 in a phone just yet because it's considered too unstable without a proper battery management system.

While a nice feature, It's not a battery's ability to hold a charge that needs changing.
It's their rate of depreciation and life of the cells.

I would find it more impressive for a 5 hour battery to still maintain 5 hours of use on a full charge after 4 years of hard usage, rather then it lasting for 15 hours initially but dropping down to 5 hours on year 2-3.

While a nice feature, It's not a battery's ability to hold a charge that needs changing.
It's their rate of depreciation and life of the cells.

I would find it more impressive for a 5 hour battery to still maintain 5 hours of use on a full charge after 4 years of hard usage, rather then it lasting for 15 hours initially but dropping down to 5 hours on year 2-3.
But those go hand in hand. A battery that can go on 15 hours of usage will only need charged 1/3 as often as the 5 hour battery, meaning it will take much longer to degrade. If this thing can go 10 days without charging, then its battery will last far longer than, say, the nexus 5, which required charging every night with moderate use.

My phone has a 4,050mAH battery, with mid to heavy use, it lasts 2 days with 10-13% left over.
As long as I can get a day or two on a charge, that's enough for me.
No games, just lots of web, texts, phone calls (1500-2000 minutes/month), youtube etc.

Won't work with Straight talk, which means it won't work in the USA?

Q: Is there some phones can support prepaid and Straight Talk.
A: Sorry for that there is no phone can support prepaid or Straight Talk network in our website

Samsung galaxy alpha could be on standby for 11 days on 1 charge. how many days can that phone last with daily use ? not standby.

Samsung galaxy alpha could be on standby for 11 days on 1 charge. how many days can that phone last with daily use ? not standby.
Are you kiddin me?? That Galaxy Alpha has a 1860mah battery. It's a joke compared to K10000

at only 184 grams.

According to this Russian reviewer, it is an uber-heavy, half-kilo beast, only short of a proper brass-knuckle handle, suitable for any end-of-the-world type of occasion, to make the last call, while cooking your last bacon-and-egg off the phone charger.

I haven't seen him weigh it, but from the way he handles it, it's under 300g, and I can believe it's under 200g.

Are you kiddin me?? That Galaxy Alpha has a 1860mah battery. It's a joke compared to K10000
I testet the alpha against s6. and alpha are alive a lot longer on its battery than the s6. so I sold s6 and went back to alpha. I did test alpha and it lastet 11 days on standby while s6 lastet almost 3 days on standby. and we all know that this new 10k battery, will last 15 days on daily useage. dont underestimate the alpha, it lasts 11 days on standby. test it urself. so if 10k battery only last 15 days on standby, its not that much of a breakthrough.

Its not possible. I just bought a phone like this one from a Chinese company (name withheld). I was guaranteed that it could last me up to 10 days without charging. It can only last me a day and a half. I was so disappointed. I hope they aren't lying to us

Its not possible. I just bought a phone like this one from a Chinese company (name withheld). I was guaranteed that it could last me up to 10 days without charging. It can only last me a day and a half. I was so disappointed. I hope they aren't lying to us
The phone is nice also. Double tap home key to lock and unlock, shake to open camera, volume increases while in pocket, clear graphics(crazy) and an inbuilt battery so you have to be careful.

Today when portable battery rechargers are available at low cost, I find it easier to carry a small external battery charger and use it on the occasions when my battery dips low, than lug around a phone that is heavy and doesn't perform as my phone does.

An external battery charger fits nicely in my pocket, in my briefcase, and in my nap sack and does not require constant charging if I do not need use.

Back