Time keeps changing on WM6, samsung omnia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

hey guys, i just recently got my first windows smart phone, which is the samsung omnia (aka. i900). it came with windows mobile 6, and i must say, im kinda impressed and kinda dissappointed too. but thats another story.

the problem i am having quite frequently (2-3 times a day, for 4 days), is that the system clock keeps changing locations (time zones). i live in Melbourne, australia... so my system clock is set to Sydney time, but i am noticing that for some reason, the clock keeps changing back to london time (which i think might be the default). ive noticed there are a few different ways to set the time in the Omnia, whether is through the Windows Mobile settings, of via the Samsung interface settings. so ive been looking around for possible remedies to my problem, but havent been able to find anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your help.

found the solution, there is a bug in the Nav N Go iGo8 software. apparently whenever you open and close iGo8, it will set the system clock according to the time in the program. the program's clock can be set, but will not save upon exit. the solutions is...

Just add this to your Storage Card\iGO8\Sys.txt

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

this will enable you to save the time within the iGo software, and once your WM system clock and your iGo clock are in sync... no more issues.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back